Thursday, February 13, 2014
"Please help my family..."
I gave a man $4 today. He was standing on a street corner with a sign. I couldn’t really read the sign, but it doesn’t matter. I don’t want to drive by him when I have $4 and not feel some amount of compassion. I rolled my window down and said ‘hey’ so he walked over. I gave him the $4 and said, ‘Enjoy the sunshine!’ He looked right in my eyes and I realized what a beautiful man this was! We just had this moment…him humbly taking the meager amount I could offer and me looking into the eyes of someone God created. I felt so connected to him and to my heavenly Father, our Creator, in that moment. I don’ t think I’ve ever given someone money without being blessed infinitely more in return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment