The Olympics should be a time for countries to put their best effort into the games, but also encourage and support the other competitors who are also doing their best! Whoever wins the medals, that individual has worked their butt off to get to that spot…can’t we be happy for them? Who cares where they’re from?
I have been super proud of NBC for giving a well-rounded perspective of the games. (I’ve discovered that not to be the case in other countries) We’ve seen touching stories of athletes from many different countries, not just our own. And I WANT to hear the stories of ALL the athletes, not just the ones from my country. That way I can be super happy for the girl from Slovenia…the only competitor from her country…when she gets gold! No, an American didn’t get gold, but this girl brings life and hope to her entire country as their sole representative…I wouldn’t want anyone to win but her! That’s awesome!
This year I feel like my newsfeed has been blowing up with articles and posts basically saying “My country is better than your country”. Who cares? We’re all watching to see dreams made, records broken, new heroes emerge… I get that you’re proud of your countrymen, but seriously…try to have a little class when you show it!
No comments:
Post a Comment